27 Oct 7 Business Growth Tips – You can start using right now!
Growing your business is a daily activity. We all get lost in the mundane tasks of day to day business, and on the back burner go all our good intentions for the actions that can grow our businesses. Below are 7 simple things you can do right now to grow your business.
- Create a 30, 60 or 90 day action plan – If you don’t have a plan, how do you know where you’re going? Start by creating a weekly plan, then add a goal to accomplish in 30 days. Continue till you’ve created goals for 60 days, and 90 days. These goals can be something like creating a Google Ad Words campaign, adding a new website page, or increasing your social media engagement.
- Define your revenue generating tasks and start the day with those…. What is it that actually brings money in the door? Is it calling your customers? Contacting those that you haven’t seen lately? How about contacting those customers that still owe you money? Create a list of revenue generating activities and always start your day with them.
- Get organized. You can’t do tips #1 and #2 if you’re not organized. Figure out what is not working for you. Is it lack of daily planning? A desk where you can’t find anything? Unless you become organized, you will not be able to focus on generating and increasing revenue, or creating a plan that will help your business continue to grow. In fact, make a plan to become more organized in 30 days! (See tip #1)
- Develop confidence. Yes, confidence is a business growth tip. If you have no confidence in yourself, or the product that you are selling, then no one will have confidence in you, or buy what you have. What do you need to do right now to gain some confidence? Is it a mindset shift or something else?
- Play to your strengths. Many of us are afraid to play to our strengths, instead we down play what we do well. Stop! Using all of your strengths, and letting go of those activities and tasks that you are not as strong in, will boost your self-confidence (see tip #4), increase customer retention and satisfaction, and grow sales.
- Productivity waning? Think you have to work longer and harder to get better results? Good news, you don’t, you have to work smarter. Use a timer (see Pomodoro Technique) and create a focused period of time of 25 minutes, then take a short 5 minute break. Do this 4 times, and then take a longer break. You will find yourself more productive, creative, and able to complete those things on the task list you didn’t want to do!
- Learn to relax! This may be the hardest tip on this list to actually do. Find a hobby that relaxes you totally, take up meditation, or just take long walks with a loved one or your dog. Don’t underestimate the power of relaxation. It will rev up your confidence, creativity and productivity. Start tonight!
Judy Santos is the author of “Start It Up – 7 essential, easy steps to launch your own successful business,” and the founder of The Business Builder Program, business consulting and coaching assisting small business owners increase revenue and create their desired life.